Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lazy Saturday

I had some interesting experiences today. I got to eat braised cola chicken wings again, the flavor of which transported me back to 1 year ago when I ate many meals with the PUMC students who came to UCSF. I also got to hear my friends sing lots of "Communist" songs that they sang as children. It was pretty fun. I then went to see a new Chinese movie, called "红河" ("Red River"), a dramatic love story involving a Vietnamese-Chinese (not sure which one) girl. I won't give away any of the plot, if you want to watch it. The story was pretty interesting, although the one thing I wondered is how accurately the actors' Vietnamese was pronounced, since most of them (being Chinese actors) learned it specifically for the movie. If some who speaks Vietnamese watches it, he/she should let me know. It's late now. I'll update with more pics tomorrow or something.

1 comment:

  1. hi Andrew! I have a lot of your blog to catch up on. I hope your week with your parents and best friend's dad has been fun! I bet these last few days are going by superfast for you...I sure feel that the last few weeks of fourth year are flying by.

    I am really enjoying your pictures of the food! So good! I have not yet read ALL of your blog, but did you ever find the PERFECT xiao long bao???

    ReplyDelete